Apart from MBBS, physiotherapy is one of the popular medical professions not only in India but all around the world. The market for physiotherapy in India was expected to be worth $0.96 billion in 2022 and is anticipated to increase at a CAGR of 8.85% from 2022 to 2030 to reach $1.9 billion in 2030. And this profession is highly valued in curing various types of diseases.
So, if you are keen to know about a medical bachelor’s degree that is not MBBS but will offer you an abundance of career opportunities with a stable career, you can give this blog a read. Here, we have discussed in detail the advantages of a BPT degree and have given insight into the best BPT colleges in Tamilnadu.
Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy
Bachelor of Physiotherapy is an undergraduate course offered by the best BPT colleges in Tamilnadu. This course educates and trains students in different areas of physical therapy such as physiology, human anatomy, pathology, pharmacology, etc.
Key highlights of Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy
BPT course highlights the Cheran College of Physiotherapy, one of the best physiotherapy colleges in Tamilnadu–
|The minimum age of the applicants should be 17 years.The applicants should have passed class 12th with the science stream.The applicants must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in class 12th.Reservation is provided to SC/ST/OBC students according to government norms.
|Admission will be based on the merit score list of class 12th.
|Rs. 1,50,000 per annum
Advantages of a Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy
- Practical learning– BPT course offers practical clinical education and training to the students after 2-3 years of classroom education so that they can efficiently execute their classroom learning in the real world.
- Increasing demand– In India, the demand for professional physiotherapists is on the rise due to industrialization, lifestyle changes, sports injuries, and mental health problems. The physical therapy offered by physiotherapists is able to cure and manage various health-related issues such as arthritis, frozen shoulder, chronic pain syndrome, and carpal tunnel syndrome, and to help kids or adults with mental or physical disabilities. And these days every hospital, public or private, needs a physiotherapist.
- Rewarding salary– According to PayScale, the average salary received by the BPT graduate in India is Rs. 3,11,750. And the pay scale of the graduate differs with the job profile and organization they choose to work with. Also, the salary of the BPT graduate increases with the increasing work experience & skills.
- Career opportunities- Physiotherapists are required in every hospital to restore the body’s movement and function in the event of any injury, illness, or impairment. And studying at BPT colleges in Coimbatoreyou can start your own private physiotherapy clinic, or join any hospital, nursing home, or health & care facility. These days many multinational firms hire physiotherapists to safeguard the welfare of their employees. In addition to this, many boarding schools have their own physiotherapists on staff.
Job opportunities available for BPT graduates are-
- Health service manager
- Sports physio Rehabilitator
- Home care physiotherapist
- Therapy managers
- Neurology physiotherapist
- Cardiovascular Physiotherapist
- Higher education options– BPT course sets a strong base for higher education courses in the field of physiotherapy. Students can further pursue a master of Physiotherapy and can become experts in the particular field. The best BPT colleges in Tamilnadu such as Cheran College of Physiotherapy also offer MPT courses in specializations such as orthopedics, pulmonary, neurology, sports, and cardiorespiratory.
- Help people– The job of a BPT graduate is not only challenging but gratifying and a fulfilling career. Physiotherapists enhance their patients’ quality of life while also enhancing their health and wellness by restoring functional movement. The physiotherapist profession is valued and well-respected in society.
Why should you choose Cheran College of Physiotherapy?
- The infrastructure of Cheran College is built keeping in mind the comfort of the students and it includes a laboratory with modern tools and equipment, a library well equipped with renowned author’s books, transportation, residential, and all the other facilities.
- Cheran College offers campus placement to the students in reputed organizations such as Ganga Medical Centre & Hospitals Ltd., Fortis Care, PSG Hospitals, Royal Care, The Madras Medical Mission, NG Hospital & Research Center Kumaran Medical Center, Orthopedic Speciality Center, Episource, Ortho One, and IKYA, etc.
- This college has one of the best teams of experienced physiotherapy teaching faculty members among Physiotherapy colleges in Coimbatore.
- This college offers an extensive course of physiotherapy in a very affordable fee structure.
In India, there is a great need for qualified physiotherapists in India. According to research by the Ministry of Health and Welfare, In India, where there are 1.37 billion people, there are only 0.59 physiotherapists for every 10,000 people. And through this blog, you have already learned the advantages of a bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy and now you can choose this profession to step inside the medical industry by getting admission at the best BPT colleges in Tamilnadu.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What skill sets are required to make a successful career in physiotherapy?
As a physiotherapist, you should have these skills to execute your therapy in the best possible ways-
- English language proficiency
- Strong presentation abilities
- The ability to talk persuasively
- Ability to safely operate Physiotherapy equipment
- Speech clarity
- Convincing and persuading
- What subjects will I study in the first year of the BPT course?
In the 1st year of the BPT course at the best BPT colleges in Tamilnaduyou will study subjects such as physiology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, sociology, electrotherapy, exercise therapy, and biomechanics.
- What does the physiotherapist do?
Physiotherapists support patients in managing pain and preventing disease and preserving health for patients of all ages. They provide manual treatment, exercise, and counselling to patients who are suffering from any injury or treatment.
- Which is better: BPT or DPT?
As BPT is an undergraduate degree it is considered better than the Diploma in physiotherapy. The BPT course will give you detailed learning of physiotherapy concepts and is considered more valuable by the recruiting healthcare facilities and educational institutes, so you will have more job opportunities through the BPT course.
- Can I switch from the BPT course to the MBBS course?
Yes, you can. But you will not get admission into the MBBS course through the lateral entry option and you need to crack the NEET examination which is the basic eligibility requirement to get admission into the MBBS course.